Also in this section
- Planning & Building
- Broadview Energy Limited Proposed Wind Farm
- Building Regulations
- Conservation & Design
- Land Charges/Searches
- Planning & Building General Information
- Planning Applications
- Planning FAQ's
- Planning Policy
- 5 Year Housing Supply
- Community Infrastructure Levy
- Core Strategy
- Core Strategy Examination
- Core Strategy Sustainability Appraisals
- Duty to Co-operate
- Evidence Base
- Gaydon/Lighthorne Heath SPD
- Gypsy and Traveller Local Plan
- Local Development Scheme
- Local Plan Review
- Monitoring Information
- Neighbourhood Plans
- Parish Plans
- Planning Policy Consultation Viewer
- Site Allocations Plan
- Site Allocations Plan Sustainability Appraisals
- Statement of Community Involvement
- Supplementary Guidance and Documents
- Planning Weekly Lists
- Shottery Development
- Trees & Landscape
The main responsibility of Planning Policy is the production of plans that manage future development across Stratford-on-Avon District – how much is needed and where it should take place - while protecting our environment and heritage.
Latest News - November 2015
NEW Resumed Examination Hearing Sessions will commence on Tuesday 12 January 2016 until Thursday 21 January 2016.
Proposed Modifications in response to the Inspector's Interim Conclusions submitted, with representations, to the Inspector on 23 October 2015.
NEW Local Development Scheme - October 2015
Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
CIL Submission Charging Schedule Consultation - closed on Friday 13 November 2015
5 Year Housing Land Supply - Latest position as of 31 March 2015
The Development Plan
The Development Plan is the name for the collection of local development documents (LDD) that shape development and manage land use in Stratford District. It contains the policies and proposals against which planning applications are determined. Currently, the Development Plan for the District comprises the saved policies of the District Local Plan Review 2006.
The Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004 changed the way in which plans were to be prepared. The single Local Plan was to be replaced by a suite of Development Plan Documents (DPDs) known collectively as the Local Development Framework (LDF). The primary strategic policy document is the Core Strategy which sets a vision for Stratford District to 2031, broad locations for growth and strategic allocations. The 2011 Localism Act abolished the concept of the LDF and reverted back to the term 'Local Plan'. The Council has chosen to continue with separate DPDs all of which are subject to independent public examination. In addition to the Core Strategy Local Plan and accompanying Policies Map these are:
- Site Allocations Plan - a site specific policy document to allocate land for development and identify settlement boundaries.
- Gypsy and Traveller Local Plan - a site specific policy document to allocate land for Gypsy and Traveller pitches and plots for Travelling Showpeople.
- Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) - CIL Charging Schedule to levy a charge on development to fund the provision of necessary infrastructure.
The Council is also preparing a number of Supplementary Planning Documents to provide more detailed advice and guidance on policies set out in the Local Plan/DPDs. For more infomation and an indicative timetable view the Local Development Scheme
The Localism Act also introduced Neighbourhood Plans - Town and Parish Councils in Stratford District can produce Plans for their area identifying where the community thinks new development should be built. Adopted Neighbourhood Plans become part of the Development Plan for the District.
Local planning policies have to be consistent with national legislation and guidance. The National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) and Planning Practice Guidance (PPG) can be viewed via the Planning Portal. This is a national one-stop shop service covering all aspects of the planning system.
For further information: please contact the Planning Policy team on 01789 260321 or email email@example.com