Also in this section
- Planning & Building
- Broadview Energy Limited Proposed Wind Farm
- Building Regulations
- Conservation & Design
- Land Charges/Searches
- Planning & Building General Information
- Planning Applications
- Planning FAQ's
- Planning Policy
- 5 Year Housing Supply
- Community Infrastructure Levy
- Community Infrastructure Levy Examination
- Core Strategy
- Core Strategy Examination
- Core Strategy Sustainability Appraisals
- Duty to Co-operate
- Evidence Base
- Gaydon/Lighthorne Heath SPD
- Gypsy and Traveller Local Plan
- Housing Trajectory
- Local Development Scheme
- Local Plan Review
- Monitoring Information
- Neighbourhood Plans
- Parish Plans
- Planning Policy Consultation Viewer
- Site Allocations Plan
- Site Allocations Plan Sustainability Appraisals
- Statement of Community Involvement
- Supplementary Guidance and Documents
- Planning Weekly Lists
- Self Build Register of Interest
- Shottery Development
- Trees & Landscape
The main responsibility of Planning Policy is the production of plans that manage future development across Stratford-on-Avon District – how much is needed and where it should take place - while protecting our environment and heritage.
Latest News - August 2016
NEW Stratford-on-Avon District Council adopted the Core Strategy and Main Modifications Schedule on 11 July 2016.
- View the CORE STRATEGY and Policies Maps
5 Year Housing Land Supply Calculation at 31 March 2016
Wilmcote and Pathlow Neighbourhood Development Plan
Formal Submission Consultation - Closed on Friday 12 August 2016
Bidford-on-Avon Neighbourhood Development Plan
Submitted to Inspector for Examination
The Development Plan
The Development Plan is the name for the collection of development plan documents (DPDs) that shape development and manage land use in Stratford District. It contains the policies and proposals against which planning applications are determined. Currently, the Development Plan for the District is the Adopted Core Strategy
This is the primary strategic policy document is the which sets a vision for Stratford District to 2031, broad locations for growth and strategic allocations. Although the 2011 Localism Act reverted back to the term 'Local Plan', the Council has chosen to continue with separate DPDs all of which are subject to independent public examination. In addition to the Core Strategy Local Plan and accompanying Policies Map these are:
- Site Allocations Plan - a site specific policy document to allocate land for development and identify settlement boundaries.
- Gypsy and Traveller Local Plan - a site specific policy document to allocate land for Gypsy and Traveller pitches and plots for Travelling Showpeople.
- Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) - CIL Charging Schedule to levy a charge on development to fund the provision of necessary infrastructure.
The Council is also preparing a number of Supplementary Planning Documents to provide more detailed advice and guidance on policies set out in the Local Plan/DPDs. For more infomation and an indicative timetable view the Local Development Scheme
The Localism Act also introduced Neighbourhood Plans - Town and Parish Councils in Stratford District can produce Plans for their area identifying where the community thinks new development should be built. Neighbourhood Plans adopted at referendum become part of the Development Plan for the District.
Local planning policies have to be consistent with national legislation and guidance. The National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) and Planning Practice Guidance (PPG) can be viewed via the Planning Portal. This is a national one-stop shop service covering all aspects of the planning system.
For further information: please contact the Planning Policy team on 01789 260321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org