Also in this section
- Planning & Building
- Broadview Energy Limited Proposed Wind Farm
- Building Regulations
- Conservation & Design
- Land Charges/Searches
- Planning & Building General Information
- Planning Applications
- Planning FAQ's
- Planning Policy
- 5 Year Housing Supply
- Community Infrastructure Levy
- Community Infrastructure Levy Examination
- Core Strategy
- Core Strategy Examination
- Core Strategy Sustainability Appraisals
- District Heating
- Duty to Co-operate
- Evidence Base
- Gaydon/Lighthorne Heath SPD
- Green Belt Review
- Gypsy and Traveller Local Plan
- Housing Trajectory
- Local Development Scheme
- Local Plan Review
- Monitoring Information
- Neighbourhood Plans
- Parish Plans
- Planning Policy Consultation Viewer
- Site Allocations Plan
- Site Allocations Plan Sustainability Appraisals
- Statement of Community Involvement
- Supplementary Guidance and Documents
- Planning Weekly Lists
- Self Build Register of Interest
- Shottery Development
- Trees & Landscape
The main responsibility of Planning Policy is the production of plans that manage future development across Stratford-on-Avon District – how much is needed and where it should take place, while at the same time protecting our environment and heritage.
Local Development Scheme (LDS)
The current revision to the LDS was approved by the Council on 12 December 2016. It covers timetables for the Site Allocations DPD, Gypsy and Travellers Local Plan, Development Requirements SPD, Canal Quarter SPD and Long Marston Airfield SPD.
Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
The CIL Examination reopened on 19 December 2016. The Inspector's Report is expected in March 2017. Visit the CIL Examination page for more information.
The Development Plan
The Development Plan is the name for the collection of development plan documents (DPDs) that shape development and manage land use in Stratford district. It contains the policies and proposals against which planning applications are determined. Currently, the adopted Core Strategy (as of 11 July 2016) is the Development Plan for the district.
This is the primary strategic policy document which sets the vision for the district and broad locations for growth and strategic allocations to 2031. Although the 2011 Localism Act reverted back to the term 'Local Plan', the Council has chosen to continue with separate DPDs all of which are subject to independent public examination. In addition to the Core Strategy Local Plan and accompanying Policies Map these are:
- Site Allocations Plan - a site specific policy document to allocate land for development and identify settlement boundaries
- Gypsy and Traveller Local Plan - a site specific policy document to allocate land for Gypsy and Traveller pitches and plots for Travelling Showpeople
- Community Infrastructure Levy - CIL Charging Schedule to levy a charge on development to fund the provision of necessary infrastructure
The council is also preparing a number of Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) to provide more detailed advice and guidance on policies set out in the Local Plan/DPDs. For more infomation and an indicative timetable view the Local Development Scheme (above).
The Localism Act also introduced Neighbourhood Plans - town and parish councils in the Stratford district can produce plans for their area identifying where the community thinks new development should be built. Neighbourhood Plans adopted at a referendum become part of the Development Plan for the district.
Local planning policies have to be consistent with national legislation and guidance. The National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) and Planning Practice Guidance (PPG) can be viewed via the Planning Portal. This is a national one-stop shop service covering all aspects of the planning system.
For further information: please contact the Planning Policy team on 01789 260321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org