Stratford District Building Control is currently continuing a reduced service due to the outbreak of Covid-19.
Site inspections will be assessed on a risk basis and in some cases we will be happy to accept photographs, videos or carry out virtual inspection of work that we would normally physically inspect.
For us to establish the correct level of service to provide you with it is imperative that you contact our office at least 48 Hours prior to the required inspection. Therefore please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject "Inspection" followed by the site address or Building Regulation reference number and provide all the relevant information needed to assess further.
It is crucial that sufficient evidence of the work undertaken is provided as we will be reliant on this to be in a position to ultimately issue you your Completion Certificate and any attached photographs should fully demonstrate critical elements of the work. Showing tape measurements of foundations, joists etc.
Surveyors will assess your photos/ videos and seek to advise you the same day that this evidence is acceptable or if additional information is required.
Other enquiries will be dealt with when the resources are available but there may a delay in responding. If you are unable to email in your enquiry please contact customer access on 01789 267575 and they will put you in touch with a duty surveyor
In advance can we thank you for your patience when emailing and/or phoning the office.
Please note that when we are requested to carry out inspections within an occupied property i.e. for a Completion the following needs to be adhered to
• Please advise if anyone is self-isolating or shielded within the property
• We will contact you 30 minutes before the visit
• Once contacted please open all windows within the area to be inspected
• Upon our arrival please provide access and then vacate the area to be inspected
• We will sanitise our hands before entering the property and wear gloves
• To maintain social distancing If we need to speak to you we will contact you on the phone number provided to us
• We will wear a mask if you request us to do so
• If the visit is to inspect a roof, please provide the relevant equipment to carry out this inspection. The equipment (i.e. ladder) should be in position upon arrival
• Once the inspection is over we will return to our vehicle, carry out the required Health and safety procedures prior to contacting you to advise you of our findings
• If any of the above is not in place, we may refuse to carry out the requested inspection.
We now have an app available on both the Google Play Store and the App Store which enables you to request an inspection, the links are available below.
Building Regulations are national standards for England and Wales that apply to most types of buildings, whether in the home or a commercial development. They ensure that the environment in which we all live is a safe and healthy place.
They also ensure that adequate access and facilities are provided for people with disabilities and include requirements for conservation of fuel and power.
Information available in this section:
For information regarding fees for complex domestic and commercial projects, please call 01789 260626 or email email@example.com.