Stratford On Avon District Council Building Control are currently continuing a reduced service.
For us to establish the correct level of service to provide you with it is imperative that you contact our office at least 48 Hours prior to the required inspection.
Therefore please call 01789 260626 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. When contacting us please provide the site address or Building Regulation reference number and all the relevant information needed to assess further.
Site inspections will be assessed on a risk basis and in some cases (internal works) we may be happy to accept photographs, videos or carry out virtual inspection of work that we would normally physically inspect.
It is crucial that sufficient evidence of the work undertaken is provided as we will be reliant on this to be in a position to ultimately issue you your Completion Certificate and any attached photographs should fully demonstrate critical elements of the work. Showing tape measurements of foundations, joists etc.
Surveyors will assess your photos/ videos and seek to advise you the same day that this evidence is acceptable or if additional information is required.
Other enquiries will be dealt with when the resources are available but there may a delay in responding. If you are unable to email in your enquiry please contact 01789 260626 were your enquiry will be dealt with or put through to a duty surveyor.
In advance can we thank you for your patience when emailing and/or phoning the office.
Due to the recent lockdown measures introduced by Government within our District we are unable to carry out non-essential internal inspections. Completion inspections can only be carried out if part of the conveyancing process and organised by either the sellers solicitor or estate agent. In these cases we will have to put in place the following measures
• Please advise if anyone is self-isolating or shielded within the property
• We will contact you 30 minutes before the visit
• Once contacted please open all windows within the area to be inspected
• Upon our arrival please provide access and then vacate the area to be inspected
• We will sanitise our hands before entering the property and wear gloves
• To maintain social distancing If we need to speak to you we will contact you on the phone number provided to us
• We will wear a mask if you request us to do so
• If the visit is to inspect a roof, please provide the relevant equipment to carry out this inspection. The equipment (i.e. ladder) should be in position upon arrival
• Once the inspection is over we will return to our vehicle, carry out the required Health and safety procedures prior to contacting you to advise you of our findings
• If any of the above is not in place, we may refuse to carry out the requested inspection.
We now have an app available on both the Google Play Store and the App Store which enables you to request an inspection, the links are available below.
Building Regulations are national standards for England and Wales that apply to most types of buildings, whether in the home or a commercial development. They ensure that the environment in which we all live is a safe and healthy place.
They also ensure that adequate access and facilities are provided for people with disabilities and include requirements for conservation of fuel and power.
Information available in this section:
* Please note that unless the fee is known the online application will not fully complete. If you are unable to calculate the fee from the Domestic charges link above please contact Building Control on 01789 260626 where we will be able to help prior to proceeding with the online submission form
For information regarding fees for complex domestic and commercial projects, please call 01789 260626 or email email@example.com.