What We Do
The Planning Policy team is responsible for the policy framework that guides development in Stratford-on-Avon District. Our work includes:
- Developing the Council's planning policies about the scale, type and location of development, protection of the environment and provision of infrastructure
- Helping local communities to produce community-led plans (including neighbourhood plans, parish plans, and village design statements)
- Monitoring housing, business, and commercial development within the District and the infrastructure required to support future development
- Maintaining a sound evidence base to support future policies
Policy CS.18 Affordable Housing Threshold Position Statement
In July 2018 the Government published a revised version of its National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) (subsequently amended in February 2019) setting out a new national threshold for the provision of affordable housing.
To assist with clarity and for the avoidance of doubt, the Council produced a Position Statement in September 2019 in respect of the requirement for affordable housing under Core Strategy Policy CS.18.
Site Allocations Plan
- Consultation on the Proposed Submission Site Allocations Plan has now closed. You can view the comments online on our Consultation Viewer.
Five Year Housing Land Supply
Development Requirements Supplementary Planning Document
- The Council formally adopted the remaining parts of the Development Requirements SPD on 15 July 2019
- H. Shopfront Design, Signage, Security, I. Non-Residential Buildings, K. Holiday Lets and Caravan Parks, O. Parking and Travel, R. Air Quality.
Local Planning Documents
Find out More
For further information: please visit the pages on specific documents and plans listed above and in the sidebar or contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org.