Also in this section
- Planning Policy
- 5 Year Housing Supply
- Community Infrastructure Levy
- Community Infrastructure Levy Examination
- Evidence Base Documents
- Further Consultation Nov-Dec 2016
- Procedural Correspondence
- Core Strategy
- Core Strategy Examination
- Core Strategy Sustainability Appraisals
- District Heating
- Duty to Co-operate
- Evidence Base
- Gaydon/Lighthorne Heath SPD
- Green Belt Review
- Gypsy and Traveller Local Plan
- Housing Trajectory
- Local Development Scheme
- Local Plan Review
- Monitoring Information
- Neighbourhood Plans
- Parish Plans
- Planning Policy Consultation Viewer
- Site Allocations Plan
- Site Allocations Plan Sustainability Appraisals
- Statement of Community Involvement
- Supplementary Guidance and Documents
- CIL Examiner's Briefing Note (77KB PDF)
- SDC CIL Council Report - 12 Dec 2016 (69KB PDF)
- CIL Hearing Agenda - Sept 2016 (64KB PDF)
- CIL Resumed Hearing Agenda - Dec 2016 (58KB PDF)
- Written Statement - Stratford-on-Avon DC (348KB PDF)
- Written Statement - Cushman Wakefield for St Modwen Developments (515KB PDF)
- Written Statement - Nexus Planning for CEG & The Bird Group (385KB PDF)
- Written Statement - NLP for Cala Homes (1392KB PDF)
- Written Statement - Stratford Rail Transport Group (157KB PDF)
- Written Statement - Turley for IM Properties (5222KB PDF)
- IM Properties - Additional Evidence - Turley 19 Dec 2016 (683KB PDF)
- IM - Post Reconvened Hearing - Response to PBA - 21 Jan 2017 (1915KB PDF)
- Legal Opinion Stratford CIL - Paul G Tucker QC 20-02-2017 (47KB PDF)
- Inspector Letter to SoADC 07-03-2017 (74KB PDF)
- Inspector Letter to Turley 07-03-2017 (55KB PDF)
- CIL - SDC Response to Examiners Further Questions (Apr 17) (309KB PDF)
- GLH Appraisal Summary (full version available on request) - April 2017 (173KB PDF)
- Turley for IM Properties - Response to SDC's April Submission 12-05-17 (69KB PDF)
- CIL Examination - Proposed Rate at LMA - Dec 2016 (155KB PDF)
- Help with PDFs
Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Examination Webpages
About the Examination
Stratford-on-Avon District Council submitted its Community Infrastructure Levy to the Planning Inspectorate on 6 January 2016.
The Inspector appointed to examine the Community Infrastructure Levy is Rebecca Phillips, BA(Hons) MSc DipM MCIM MRTPI. Briefing Notes have been prepared by the Inspector to explain the process.
The Examination Programme Officer is Ian Kemp. Working independently from the Council, reporting directly to the Inspector, Ian will organise the administration of the Examination process.
Further Consultation - Review of values and scenario testing
Following the opening of the CIL Examination on 20 September, the Inspector has requested that further ‘sensitivity testing' is undertaken to inform the CIL charges. Further consultation on this technical evidence closed on 9 December 2016.
The examination was reconvened at 11.00 on Monday 19 December 2016 at Stratford-on-Avon District Council.
- Download an Agenda for the 20 September Hearing Session.
- Download an Agenda for the 19 December Resumed Hearing Session.
The Council issued a position statement following their consideration of the further technical evidence, together with amendments (Evidence Base Documents 28 and 29) to their evidence to which Turley on behalf of IM Properties responded. The response was accompanied by a legal opinion from Paul Tucker QC.
Following consideration of the submissions, the Inspector wrote to the District Council seeking further clarification in respect of the proposed CIL rates at Gaydon Lighthorne Heath (GLH) and Long Marston Airfield (LMA) strategic sites and a re-running of the viability appraisal for GLH. The Council reponded to the Inspector's queries in April 2017 and its consultants provided a re-run appraisal for GLH. In May 2017 Turley provided a short, final response.
The Inspector has advised that she expects her report to be sent to the Council by the end of July/August. This will then be subject to fact checking.
Occasionally, it will be necessary for the Inspector to write to the District Council to offer procedural direction or to seek clarification. Correspondence between the Inspector and District Council is exchanged through the Programme Officer. For transparency and information purposes the Examiner's Initial Queries to District Council can be found at:
Following the publication of the Inspector's Agenda and the opportunity to submit further written statements, the following written submissions were received:
- Stratford-on-Avon District Council Statement
Please note that in addition to the written statement the District Council have also provided an update to the IDP which can be viewed in the evidence base section as EBD23.
- Cushman & Wakefield for St Modwen Developments
- Nexus Planning for CEG & The Bird Group
- NLP for CALA Homes
- Stratford Rail Transport Group
- Turley for IM Properties
Evidence Base Documents
In preparing the Draft Charging Schedule the District Council both refer to and were informed by a number of documents, collectively these documents form the Evidence Base for the Examination:
- Evidence Base Documents (EBDs)
Queries relating to the Examination process should be directed to the Programme Officer:
Ian Kemp - Programme Officer
16 Cross Furlong
Tel: 01527 861 711
Mobile: 07723 009 166
If you have any queries relating to the Community Infrastructure Levy please contact a member of the Planning Policy team by:
Telephone: 01789 260225 or Email: email@example.com
This page can be viewed directly via www.stratford.gov.uk/CILexam2016