What is a call for sites?
A 'call for sites' is an opportunity for developers, landowners and other interested parties to put forward sites for development within Stratford-on-Avon district that they believe are suitable for development for a wide range of uses, including:
- Housing development;
- Pitches for gypsies, travellers, and travelling showspeople;
- Employment and retail.
We are currently looking to identify “reserve sites" in a Site Allocations Plan. These would be released selectively for development should a situation develop where one or more of the below criteria apply (as identified in Part D of Policy CS.16 of our Core Strategy).
- To rectify any identified shortfall in housing delivery in order to maintain a 5 year supply of housing land in Stratford-on-Avon district;
- To contribute to meeting any identified additional need for housing in relation to a net growth in jobs at Jaguar Land Rover arising from development of the employment allocation at Gaydon/Lighthorne Heath (GLH);
- To contribute to meeting within the district any identified shortfall in housing across the Coventry and Warwickshire HMA as demonstrated through the agreed outcomes of ongoing joint working between the Coventry and Warwickshire.
- To contribute to meeting any housing needs arising outside the Coventry and Warwickshire HMA that it is accepted through co-operation between the relevant councils as needing to be met within the HMA and most appropriately being met within the district.
Sufficient housing provision has been made through the Core Strategy and planning permissions to meet our housing requirement for the current plan period up to 2031 so it is currently unlikely that the first of these criteria will apply.
Other site types
We are also currently actively looking for:
- Previously developed sites that may be useful for potential future development – suitable sites will be included as part of our Brownfield Land Register;
- Potential sites to help meet the accommodation needs of Gypsies, Travellers and Travelling Showspeople as part of our Gypsy and Traveller Local Plan.
Submit a site
Please complete our call for sites form and attach a 1:1250 scale Ordnance Survey map clearly showing the precise boundaries of the site and details of site ownership.
Find out more
For further information please contact the Planning Policy team on 01789 260314 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.