Food Export Certificate

Local Authority Export Health Certificate

Local authority export health certificates are sometimes required by the government of the importing country. They are often requested by the import agent or the importer.

Applications are made direct to the council with a payment of £110

Please complete the following form and organise payment:

Food Export Request Form

Return the form by email to

It is your responsibility to get the required wording for the certificate which can vary between countries. You may need to contact the country's embassy if your customer cannot supply this information.

Information about issuing food health certificate:

  • We will always try and add the wording on your form, but we cannot say that we guarantee the safety of any individual consignment of food. Wording will normally state that your foodstuffs are produced and stored in premises subject to our jurisdiction as a food authority and have passed the inspection programme
  • We reserve the right to not issue certificate if we are dissatisfied with hygiene standards and practices on your premises
  • We cannot certify an individual manufacturing process.
  • We are not permitted to amend these certificates, if a new/amended certificate is needed you will need to reapply and pay the fee again
  • If you have not received a food hygiene inspection within the required due date (according to our database) then we will need to come and inspect before we can issue a certificate. We make every effort to inspect by the due date.
  • The application and consultation process will generally take up to five working days. You will receive your certificate through the post unless you ask to collect it from the council.
  • If you have any difficulties with the documentary requirements of importing countries, visit and contact the Food Standards Agency website

Contact: The Environmental Health team

Last updated on 01/03/2023