If you are setting up a new food or catering business, the Food Standards Agency has provided guidance on the basic requirements . They also provide resources to help food businesses produce safe food.
We have produced a checklist below for things you need to consider:
- Have you registered as a food business?
- Have you and your staff had appropriate food hygiene training?
- Do the design, layout and construction of your premises meet the legal requirements?
- Are you aware of the main general food law requirements?
- Have you put in place the necessary procedures to ensure you are preparing food safely?
- Do you have a separate hand wash basin?
- Do you have a refuse collection service?
- Do you need to apply for a licence to sell alcohol, for entertainment, for selling drink late at night or selling food on the street?
- Have you considered health and safety and fire regulations?
If you experience any technical difficulties completing the food registration form on the Food Standards Agency website, please contact us and we can assist with this. Once you have registered with us, a member of the Food & Safety Team will contact you by phone or email to offer you advice on the basic requirements you need to consider in order to comply with the law prior to your first inspection.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01789 260835
- Report it Online