Also in this section
- Core Strategy
- Adopted Core Strategy
- Consultation Core Strategy 2010
- Core Strategy Main Modifications 2016
- Core Strategy Proposed Modifications 2015
- Draft Core Strategy 2008
- Draft Core Strategy 2012
- Further Focused Consultation 2014
- Interim Adopted Core Strategy 2015
- New Proposals Consultation 2013
- Proposed Submission Core Strategy 2014
- Summary Report - Consultation Core Strategy Responses 2011 (531KB PDF)
- Justification for the Preferred Development Strategy (90KB PDF)
- Assessment of Land Parcels (6014KB PDF)
- Identifying Local Service Villages (21KB PDF)
- Housing Trajectory Source Figures (27KB PDF)
- Analysis of Representations on Draft Core Strategy - 2008 (668KB PDF)
- Housing Growth Scenarios and Results (91KB PDF)
- Citizens Panel Survey - Autumn 2009 (30KB PDF)
- Help with PDFs
Consultation Core Strategy 2010
Directions for Stratford-on-Avon District
Stratford-on-Avon District Council is preparing a Local Development Plan to guide development and change in the area up to 2031. This will decide where new homes are built, where new jobs are created and how to improve services.
The Core Strategy is the first and most important part of the Development Plan. It will set the overall vision and a set of key objectives which we are striving to achieve. It will also establish where development should take place in the future and how this should be delivered.
- A first draft of the Core Strategy was published in October 2008. Since that time a great deal of technical assessment has been carried out, including input from a wide range of agencies.
- The Council also had to take into account the prospect of an additional amount of housing development as required at the time by the West Midlands Regional Spatial Strategy (now revoked by the Coalition Government).
As a result of this work, a second draft of the Core Strategy - Directions for Stratford-on-Avon District - was produced for consultation and comment between February and April 2010.
All the comments we received can be viewed:
- Online - Consultation Core Strategy Responses
- Download a Summary Report of the Consultation Core Strategy Responses - Feb 2011
We have an electronic version of the Consultation Core Strategy, including maps, which can be downloaded. Please note that this document is very large (52.6MB) and may take some time to download depending on the speed of your broadband.
Download electronic print version of the document
Methodology for Identifying Local Service Villages
Analysis of Representations on Draft Core Strategy (Nov 2008 – Feb 2009)
Analysis of Responses to Consultation on Housing Growth Scenarios and Potential Development Options (Summer 2009)
Analysis of Responses to Citizens Panel Survey (Autumn 2009)
For further information please contact the Planning Policy team on 01789 260314 or email email@example.com