- The Cabinet adopted an updated Housing Strategy Evidence Log on 10 September 2018. The Log includes the Council's review of homelessness and sets out the views of local people and essential housing-related statistics.
- The Cabinet considered the latest Housing Strategy action plan on 4 June 2018. The action plan assesses progress towards meeting targets set out in the Housing Strategy and presents new or revised targets where appropriate.
- Stratford on-Avon District Council issued an information sheet in June 2018 to provide summary data on the delivery of affordable housing in the period 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018 and estimates on future delivery.
- Stratford-on-Avon District Council's model Section 106 clauses for affordable housing were published in May 2018. The model clauses provide templates for agreements between developers and the Council for the delivery and occupancy of affordable housing. Please check the clauses - especially with regards to local connection and nominations - if you are seeking to vary an existing Section 106.
- Research into private sector rents in Stratford-on-Avon District was published in January 2018.
What we do
We work closely with a wide range of partners to build affordable homes, improve existing housing and help people find and keep suitable homes. High house prices and rents are a particular problem in our area, so the development of new genuinely affordable homes to meet the needs of local people is a key priority for us. Similarly, it is vital that all our new homes are sustainable, accessible, well-designed and well-managed.
We have a strong track record of partnership working. We have helped to deliver over 1,670 affordable homes in the last ten years.
Find out more
For further information: please contact Renata Mosz on 01789 260842 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or email the Housing Policy & Development team at email@example.com.