Housing Standards

The council is able to help you address repair issues in a property, whether it is rented privately or from a housing association. We provide impartial advice to both tenants and landlords.

Guidance for Landlords and Letting Agents

General information and advice for landlords and letting agents

Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act 2018

Advice for tenants wishing to take civil action against their landlord using the Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation Act...

Housing Standards in Rented Accommodation

General advice on how to resolve repair issues in rented property

Report An Issue With Your Rented Property

Private Sector Housing Form

Tenants Fees Act 2019

Advice on the tenants fees act which bans tenants being charged unnecessary fees

Tenants Renting Advice

General advice on what to look for when renting a property