Stratford-on-Avon District Council (SDC) is inviting artists to provide expressions of interest and outline proposals for the development and installation of a single artistic piece, or a series of pieces, to be installed in the pavement along Station Approach, adjacent to the Arden Quarter, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire.
The artwork should illustrates links to the heritage and culture of the town, acknowledge the history of the site (the former Stratford Cattle Market) and contribute to the welcome and information offered to local, national and international visitors to the town arriving by rail.
Skills and experience:
- Proven experience of designing similar public artwork commissions of a permanent nature.
- Good understanding of technical requirements in the creation and installation of public artwork.
- Ability to liaise with landowner and other stakeholders to ensure a successful installation.
- Stage 1: Expressions of Interest submitted by 17:00, Friday 7 December 2018
- Stage 2: Three artists shortlisted (mid-December 2018) to prepare and submit detailed design proposals. Deadline for submission of detailed design proposals is 17:00 Wednesday 27 February 2019. Note: A fee of £400 (plus VAT if applicable) will be paid to each of the three shortlisted artists as contribution towards the costs of preparing and presenting the proposal. The successful artist will be awarded the design and installation contract by the end of March 2019.
- Stage 3: Successful artist contracted to design and manage the installation of the artwork with work to take place between April and August 2019. A budget of £25,000 including VAT will be available – to include all costs required for the artwork design, all materials and installation.
- Stage 4: September 2019 – artwork open to the public.
For full details of the Arden Quarter public art brief, please contact Ruth Woollacott, Stratford District Council Commission Agent by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.