Community Safety Partnership
The Safer South Warwickshire Community Safety Partnership (CSP) consists of the responsible authorities in Stratford-on-Avon District and in Warwick District.
The Council's Duty
Under the Crime & Disorder Act 1998, the council has a duty to:
- work in partnership with the responsible authorities and to form a Community Safety Partnership to develop and implement strategies to tackle crime and disorder and the misuse of drugs in the district; and
- ensure the council does not contribute to increased crime and anti-social behaviour through the delivery of its services.
The council's Community Safety Team helps to co-ordinate this work to tackle crime and disorder in the district by:
- using the powers available to the council to make communities feel safer
- co-ordinating actions to address the concerns of local people
- ensuring that the concerns of community forums inform the picture of crime and disorder in the district and the priorities for South Warwickshire and Warwickshire
- supporting Warwickshire Police's lead on tackling violent crime
- working with Warwick District Council to jointly lead on tackling anti-social behaviour
- supporting probation services' lead on tackling reoffending
- supporting Warwickshire County Council to lead on substance misuse and domestic violence
- working together with Warwick District Council to administer the Community Safety Partnership, ‘Safer South Warwickshire'
- challenging the responsible authorities and co-operative bodies to do all they can to reduce crime and disorder and the fear of crime
Priorities and Strategy
Each year the CSP agrees the priorities for partners to focus on and sets out a strategy for action, known as the Partnership Plan which is currently being updated.
Further Advice and Information