Disabilities and Council Tax Reductions

If you or someone who lives with you needs an extra room (which could include an extra bathroom or kitchen), which is predominantly used (whether for providing therapy or otherwise) by a qualifying disabled resident, or there is space which is required for them to use their wheelchair indoors, you may be entitled to a reduced Council Tax bill.

Relief is given by charging tax as if your home were in the next lowest band. Your bill will show if you have been granted relief.

Band A dwellings are charged at 5/9 of a Band D dwelling.

Please contact the council if you think that this relief may apply to you.

Contact: The Revenues & Benefits team

Last updated on 30/03/2022