Hi-5 Summer Holiday Activities for Children

Book now for our day camps taking place across the district, or find out more

Carers & Care Workers Discount


If you live with and look after someone for a minimum of 35 hours each week, who is not your partner or your child (under 18 years) then you may qualify for a reduction in your Council Tax.

The person being cared for must be in receipt of one of the following benefits:

  • Attendance Allowance
  • the highest or middle rate of the care component of a Disability Living Allowance
  • the appropriately increased rate of Disablement Pension
  • an increase in a Constant Attendance Allowance
  • a Personal Independence Payment

Care Workers

In addition, care workers who are providing care on behalf of a Council, Crown or a Charity, engaged or employed at least 24 hours each week, may also qualify to be disregarded provided they receive no more than £36.00 remuneration each week. In order to qualify they should reside in premises provided by the relevant body for the better performance of their work.

For further information please contact the Revenues on 01789 260990 or by email at revenues@stratford-dc.gov.uk or by fax on 01789 260969.

Last updated on 01/06/2018

Contact the Revenues & Benefits team