BT Planned Engineering Works

Due to more engineering works by BT all our online services will unfortunately be unavailable for two periods. The first will be from 00:01 until 06:00 on 18/02 and the second will be from 22:00 on 22/02 until 02:00 on 23/02. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If you or a member of your household is a full time student it may be that you are entitled to a discount or exemption from Council Tax. To enable any discount or exemption to be calculated we will need a certificate completed and authenticated by the college, university or other educational establishment that you attend.

A brief description of a full time student has been given below to help you:

  • attending a university or college course which lasts for at least an academic year, takes at least 24 weeks a year and involves at least 21 hours of study per week during term-time; or

  • under the age of 20, and studying for more than three months and at least 12 hours per week for any qualification up to A level, ONC or OND standard. Correspondence courses, evening classes or courses taken in connection with a person's job, such as on day-release, are not included

  • student nurses studying academic courses at universities or who are on Project 2000 courses are classed as students for council tax purposes

  • foreign language assistants registered with the Central Bureau for Educational Visits and Exchanges are also treated as students

If you think that one of these categories applies to you please complete part one of the certificate take it to the college, university or educational establishment that you attend for them to complete part two and return it to us at the address on the form.

For further information please contact Revenues on 01789 260990 or by email at or by fax on 01789 260969.

Last updated on 19/05/2017

Contact the Revenues & Benefits team