Stratford-on-Avon District Council, in partnership with its contractor Biffa Municipal Limited, provides a fortnightly refuse, dry recycling and garden / food waste collection service to all households across the district.
Find our more about what we collect and when we collect.
- to reduce waste that goes to landfill
- to increase the proportion of waste that is recycled or composted
Through the Warwickshire Waste Partnership, all councils in Warwickshire have a Municipal Waste Management Strategy until 2020.
The Waste Hierarchy ranks waste disposal and treatment options in order of environmental impact.
- Reduce - means decreasing the amount of waste that we produce. This is the most sustainable option with the lowest environmental impact.
- Reuse - means using something again, either for its original purpose or for a similar purpose. If you have an unwanted item, someone else may be able to reuse it.
- Recycle - means processing used materials into new products, thereby reducing the demand for raw materials.
- Recover - means waste facilities using treatment technologies to turn non-recyclable waste into a source of renewable energy.
- Landfill - means putting waste back into the ground. It results in the loss of valuable resources and is the most costly waste management option financially and environmentally.
Comments, Complaints and Enquiries
If you have any comments, concerns or queries about our service, we would like to hear from you.