The sale of alcohol to any person is a licensable activity, except:

  • to a trader for the purposes of his trade
  • to a club for the purposes of that club
  • to a holder of a premises licence or a personal licence holder for the purpose of making sales under a premises licence
  • to a premises user who has given a Temporary Event Notice, for the purpose of making sales authorised by that notice.

The exemptions only have effect where the alcohol is not consumed on the premises where the sale is made, and rely on the alcohol being re-sold or supplied to the general public under either a premises licence, Temporary Event Notice or club premises certificate at a later date.

For more information, please contact

Contact: The Licensing team

Last updated on 21/09/2018