Transfers & Mutual Exchanges

You may wish to transfer properties for a number of reasons, such as being over crowded, under occupying, relocating to a different area or needing to move to a different type of property (i.e. ground floor accommodation). Housing associations in the district do not operate their own transfer lists, so if you are an existing housing association tenant you will need to register on Home Choice Plus.

The other option is to look at a mutual exchange. A mutual exchange is when you identify another housing association tenant who also wishes to move, establish their property suits your needs, obtain written consent from your landlord and physically swap homes.

You can register for a mutual exchange through:

For further information, please contact the Housing Advice team:

Contact: The Housing Advice team

Last updated on 28/11/2018