Work Experience Placements

We offer one-week unpaid work experience placements aligned to your school, college or university studies.

Our work experience gives young people the chance to see first-hand the diverse career choices available in local government.

The placements give you a taste of what it's like to work with us, shaping the future of our local environment. You'll have the opportunity to develop your understanding of the work we undertake and the skills, attitudes and behaviours expected at work.

Requirements and How to Apply

Applicants should be based within the District and/or in full-time or part-time education at a school, college or university within the District of Stratford-on-Avon.

Simply download and complete the Work Experience Application Form, detailing your area of interest to apply for a placement with Stratford-on-Avon District Council.

Please email your completed form to


Please note your application should be received at least two months prior to your requested start date.

We offer a limited amount of work placement opportunities a year, depending on staff availability.

PLEASE NOTE: Work experience places for the current academic year have now been filled.

We welcome applications for academic year 2024/2025

Contact: The HR team

Last updated on 31/01/2024