In the current climate we are not able to offer any Work Experience placements. If the situation changes we will update this site.
Experience your future today. We offer one-week unpaid work experience placements where they are linked to your school or college. Our curricular work experience programmes give young people the chance to see first-hand the diverse career choices available in local government.
The programmes give you a taste of what it's like to work with us, shaping the future of our local environment. You'll have the chance to challenge and develop your understanding of the work we undertake and develop the skills, attitudes and behaviours expected at work.
Our range of programmes, and the service areas you may experience during your week placement:
- Determining Planning Applications. This includes:
- Registering planning applications
- Processing planning applications
- Planning & Housing Policy
- Planning Enforcement
- Building Control Services
- Revenue Services. This includes:
- Customer Services
- Housing applications and services
- Processing Housing Benefit claims
- Collecting Council Tax
- Community Services. This includes:
- Community Safety - responding to anti-social behaviour complaints, supporting the Police and CCTV
- Leisure Services - play areas and leisure centres
- Streetscene - refuse and recycling collections and maintaining public areas
- Environmental Health - inspecting food premises, air quality and noise complaints
- Democratic Services - arranging committee meetings, taking minutes, liaising with councillors and organising elections
- Professional Support. This includes:
- Legal Services / Solicitors
- Human Resources - recruitment and staff support
- Corporate Communications - press releases, social media and publications
- Consultation & Insight - customer surveys and research on the district
- ICT & Business Development - computer infrastructure, software development and plotting land and buildings spatially
Requirements and How to Apply
Applicants should be students in full-time or part-time education at a school or college within the District of Stratford-on-Avon, aged between 14 and 19 years.
Simply download and complete the Work Experience Application Form to begin your journey towards a placement with Stratford-on-Avon District Council.
Please email your completed form to email@example.com or post it to the address on the form.
Please note your application should be received at least two months prior to your requested start date.
We aim to offer a minimum of six work placements each academic year.