For the purposes of the domestic minimum energy efficiency standards, relevant tenancy types are:
- An assured tenancy (including an assured shorthold tenancy) defined in the Housing Act 1988;
- A regulated tenancy defined in the Rent Act 1977;
- A domestic agricultural tenancy as set out in the Energy Efficiency (Domestic Private Rented Property) Order 201512 as follows:
- A tenancy which is an assured agricultural occupancy for the purposes of section 24 of the Housing Act 1988
- A tenancy which is a protected occupancy for the purposes of section 3(6) of the Rent (Agriculture) Act 1976;
- A statutory tenancy for the purposes of section 4(6) of the Rent (Agriculture) Act 1976.