Have your say on a new political map for Stratford-on-Avon District Council. The Local Government Boundary Commission wants to hear what residents and local organisations think about the proposals. A 10 week consultation on the proposals has now been extended until the 6 December 2021.
Stratford District CCTV Upgrade and Consultation
A recent Stratford-on-Avon District Council residents' surveys tell us that the ‘level of crime' is of high importance, in addition a Citizens' Panel surveys show ‘CCTV & crime reduction' as the top priority for the last 3 years, this is an area where the public wanted to see further investment.
In December 2018 Stratford-on-Avon District Council approved an overall budget of £796,000 for a full upgrade of the Council's public space CCTV scheme which operates across eight towns in Stratford District. This is the first major investment in CCTV technology since 2008.
The CCTV scheme upgrade includes:
• Upgrade of the CCTV Control Room and server room equipment
• Implementation of a new CCTV operating system
• Replacing all 87 existing analogue cameras for digital cameras
• Upgrading BT fibres lines to transmit digital images from the cameras to the CCTV Control Room
• Installation of new cameras at strategic locations
The proposed installation of new cameras to a number of areas (subject to necessity test and planning permission) includes the following locations:
• Shipston Road opposite the Shell garage, Stratford-upon-Avon
• Birmingham Road/Western Rd, Stratford-upon-Avon
• Severn Meadows Road/Evesham Road, Stratford-upon-Avon
• Honeybourne Road, Bidford-on-Avon - Big meadow entrance
• Darlingscote Rd, Shipston-on-Stour
• Loxley Close, Wellesbourne, opposite the underpass
• Earlswood, around the causeway
In deciding whether to install new CCTV cameras a number of factors can be taken into consideration in determining the necessity for a camera, such as:
• Crime and disorder data
• Perceptions of crime and disorder
• Police, Council and stakeholder views & public requests for cameras
• Current approaches to tackling crime in the area
If necessity is identified, the next step is to:
• Identify the most suitable location for the camera, providing the best vantage point and proximity to the services needed for the camera.
• Once a preferred location is identified we will seek the views of those in the vicinity including any concerns regarding privacy. This is part of the Impact Assessment process.
• As a part of the process taken by Stratford-on-Avon District Council justification and evidence gathering has taken place in order to decide on the proposed location and will be used through other official process that must take place such as the completion of Privacy Impact Assessments. This does include analysis of crime and anti-social behaviour that takes place in the locality of the camera. A number of other sources and liaison with key partners also informs the approach.
You can find out more information about crime in your area by looking at the Police.co.uk website which can be accessed here: https://www.police.uk/warwickshire/
For further information about the CCTV Upgarde or Consultation please contact Community Safety on 01789 267575 or by email - CCTV.Consultation@stratford-dc.gov.uk