Also in this section
Stratford-on-Avon District Council is committed to helping people travel in a more sustainable way. As part of this commitment, the Council, in partnership with British Gas and Greenwatt Sustainable Solutions, has installed Electric Vehicle charging points in two of its car parks in Stratford-upon-Avon.
Accessing Charge Points
Drivers must be registered with 'Plugged in Midlands' to utilise the Council's charging points. Please note, Plugged in Midlands apply a fee for registration. Other schemes, such as Source East have a reciprocal arrangement whereby their swipe cards may be used for Plugged in Midlands charging points. Please contact the relevant provider directly if you have any queries with regard to this.
There are currently 2 Council electric vehicle charge points available for public use, situated at the following locations.
- Bridgeway multi-storey car park - open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Church Street car park - The car park is only open to the Public outside of normal office hours, at weekends and Bank Holidays. However, these charging points may be used during office hours when the car park is closed to the public. To gain access during these times, please drive up the barrier and press the intercom button to speak to one of the Council's Customer Services team for assistance.
- Parking charges apply at both car parks (Bridgeway is 'Pay on Foot' and Church Street is 'Pay and Display').
- Actual charging of vehicles is currently free. However, a Plugged in Midlands swipe card must be used for which a registration fee is applied.
- Council electric vehicle chargers are fast chargers. On average, a full charge takes approximately 4 hours.