Also in this section
- Planning Applications
- 1APP Standard Application Form
- Amending Your Plans
- Design and Access Statements
- Enplanner Online Toolkit
- Environmental Impact Assessment Screening Opinions
- Householder Planning
- Planning Application Alerts
- Planning Applications Advice
- Planning Committees
- Planning Conditions and Fees
- Planning Forms and Fees
- Policy Background
- Signs and Adverts
- Your Information & Personal Data
- Non material Guidance notes (13KB PDF)
- Non-material amendment - Form (263KB PDF)
- Non-material amendment - Help text (30KB PDF)
- Notification Householder Completion MAY13 (3) (139KB PDF)
- Householder Prior Notification Form MAY13 (157KB PDF)
- Change of Use Prior Notification Form APR14 (587KB PDF)
- Statutory Instrument 2015 (862KB PDF)
- Local List (48KB PDF)
- Help with PDFs
Planning Forms and Fees
Planning Application Forms and Guidance Notes
For further information on how we manage your personal data during the planning application process please read our terms and conditions.
The following forms and notes are only available to download, complete and post or deliver to the Council Offices.
Applicants and agents should be aware that decisions on planning applications are being made on the information and plans submitted. If problems are identified with any application no additional time will be allowed to resolve them if this will result in the life of the application extending beyond the target date for determination. Under these circumstances the application is likely to be refused
Non-material amendments to existing planning permissions
- Non-material amendments - Application Form
- Non-material amendments - Help Text to assist with filling in the form
- Non-material amendments - Guidance on a non-material amendment
New Changes since April 2015
For an extended temporary period until 30 May 2019 the Government has increased permitted development rights for householders. Permanent changes have been made to enable larger extensions at businesses to be carried out without the need for planning permission. It also enables certain changes of use to take place without the need for planning permission.
Details of the extended permitted developments for Householder Extensions is on the Householder Planning page. The relevant applications forms are also available for download below.
- Application for Prior Approval & Guidance note (Householder Extension)
- Notification of Completion (Householder Extension)
More details can be found on the DCLG Guidance Note
Extension and alterations to business premises
The extended permitted development rights for extensions to business premises that fall under the following categories have now been made permanent:
- Non domestic extensions and alterations (Part 7 development)
Full details of the extended permitted development rights is set out in the legislation contained in Statutory Instrument 2015.
Changes of use
For a temporary period until 30 May 2016 some changes of use of land or buildings may be permitted development, provided that the Council is notified in writing as to whether prior approval is required.
To assist the Council in processing any written notifications, you are recommended to use the Prior Approval - Change of use form.
The types of change of use that the new legislation relates to are listed below:
- Class C - change of use from retail, betting office or pay day loan shop or casino to restaurant or cafe
- Class J - Change of use from retail, betting office or pay day loan shop to assembly and leisure
- Class M - Change of use from retail, betting office or pay loan shop to dwellings
- Class N - Change of use from specified sui generis (casino or amusement arcade) to dwellings
- Class O - Change of use from offices to dwellings
- Class P - Change of use from storage or distribution to dwellings
- Class Q - Change of use from agricultural to dwellings
- Class R - Change of use from agricultural use to flexible commercial use (Class A1, A2, A3, B1, B8, C1 or D2)
- Class S - Change of use from agricultural to state funded school or nursery
- Class T - Change of use from business, hotels to State Funded School
Please note that the fee for this type of prior approval application will be £80.
Where a proposed change of use also involves associated building operations the fee will be £172.
Full details of the permitted development rights for change of use are set out in the legislation contained in Statutory Instrument 2015 (see link above).
Temporary Changes of Use
The Government has enabled certain temporary changes of use of buildings to be permitted development subject to various criteria and subject to the following porcedures being carried out:
Part 4, Class C - Use of building as a state funded school for 1 academic year. This requires the developer to send a written request to the Council as to whether the building has been nominated as a 'community asset'.
Part 4, Class D - Change of use from shops, financial, cafes, takeaways, pubs etc. to temporary flexible use for a period of 2 years. This requires the developer to notify the Council of the date that the use will begin, prior to the change of use taking place.
Part 4, Class E - Use of buildings or land for film making purposes for a period not exceeding 9 months. This requires the developer to apply to the Council for a determination of whether prior approval is required. The relevant application forms can be downloaded by using this link (Class E)
Other Notification of Prior Approvals
In addition to those matters described above, it is necessary to apply for prior approval for the following types of development:
- Installation or alteration of solar equipment on non-domestic premises (Class J of Part 14)
- Erection or construction of a collection facility within the curtilage of a shop (Class C of Part 7)
Planning Application Fees
'Sustainable Low-carbon Buildings'
The Council and no longer requires a submission in connection with this previously adopted document.
The District Council is drawing up a Local List of information it needs to decide on planning applications. This list is specific to Stratford upon Avon Council – it can be modified depending on the replies we get from public consultation. The consultation period runs until 18 September. We welcome your views on what should be added in, left out or modified. Comments should be sent to Dale.barker@Stratford-DC.gov.uk with ‘Local List Comments' in the Subject line."
For further information please contact us on 01789 260304 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org