Also in this section
- Planning Policy
- 5 Year Housing Supply
- Community Infrastructure Levy
- Community Infrastructure Levy Examination
- Core Strategy
- Core Strategy Examination
- Core Strategy Sustainability Appraisals
- District Heating
- Duty to Co-operate
- Evidence Base
- Gaydon/Lighthorne Heath SPD
- Green Belt Review
- Gypsy and Traveller Local Plan
- Implementation Options Consultation
- Reg 18 Consultation and Call for Sites
- Housing Trajectory
- Local Development Scheme
- Local Plan Review
- Monitoring Information
- Neighbourhood Plans
- Parish Plans
- Planning Policy Consultation Viewer
- Site Allocations Plan
- Site Allocations Plan Sustainability Appraisals
- Statement of Community Involvement
- Supplementary Guidance and Documents
Gypsy and Traveller Local Plan
Stratford-on-Avon District Council has adopted its Core Strategy which will shape future sustainable development in the District. The Core Strategy is a strategic document and will be supported by other Development Plan Documents (DPPs), including a Gypsy and Traveller Local Plan.
Councils are required by government to identify the accommodation needs of Gypsies, Travellers and Travelling Showpeople in their areas and prepare a plan to show how these needs will be met.
Progress to date:
Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Update 2016 (GTAA)
The District Council commissioned Warwickshire County Council Gypsy and Traveller Service to undertake an review to its 2014 GTAA to identify the housing needs of Gypsies and Travellers and Travelling Showpeople from across Stratford District. The objective of the review was to up-date the evidence in respect of housing needs to form the basis for the Gypsy and Traveller Local Plan. The GTAA 2016 was endorsed by The Cabinet in January 2017.
Implementation Options Consultation - Closed on Friday 30 October 2015. Responses available to view.
Regulation 18 Consultation and a 'Call for Sites'
- Consultation February-March 2014
- Publishing the intention to prepare a Gypsy and Traveller Local Plan and consulting on what the plan ought to contain eg. identifying need, enough deliverable sites and site design.
- Requesting suggestions for land suitable for new Gypsy and Traveller sites in Stratford District.
- The next stage will be to prepare and publish a Preferred Options Draft Plan. This will include consultation on sites that provide sufficient pitches to meet the five year land supply requirement at the time the plan is adopted.
- This will be followed by a Test of Soundness representation period after which the Plan will be submitted to the Secretary of State for examination in public by an independent Inspector.
- The Inspector will then publish their report and subject to the Plan being found sound it will be adopted.
For further information please contact the Planning Policy team on 01789 260865 or email firstname.lastname@example.org