Our website has changed!

Please upgrade your account to take advantage of our new features.

It only takes a moment and you only have to do this once!

Upgrade Now No thanks, remind me next time

You have an unverified account!

Verify your existing account with us by clicking the link we sent
you in the confirmation email.

Don't worry if you lost the email. We can send you another one.

Resend verification email
No thanks, I can find my email

Please login

Sorry your details are incorrect.
Please try again.

forgot your password?
Not already registered?

Create new account
Stratford-on-Avon District Council
Welcome! Sign in or register

Parking System Maintenance

Our parking system is currently undergoing essential maintenance to improve the service we provide. As a result, the following services are currently unavailable via that system:

  • Payments
  • Appeals

We are working to ensure full availability is restored as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience in this matter and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

For urgent enquiries, please call our office on 01789 267575.

Planning FAQ's

If your question relates to

  • Online planning application system
  • Planning permission
  • The planning application process

Please visit the Planning Portal website.

Alternatively we have provided a list of frequently asked questions.

Can the District Council tell me if a piece of land is within the public highway?

This is the responsibility of Warwickshire County Council www.warwickshire.gov.uk/highwaysearches tel. 01926 418095 or 01926 412708

If the road is a trunk road, the Highways Agency is responsible www.highways.gov.uk tel. 08457 50 40 30).

Can the District Council tell me who owns a piece of land?

The District Council does not keep land ownership records, except in relation to its own landholding. Land ownership information can usually be obtained from the Land Registry at www.landreg.gov.uk tel. 01452 511111. (Gloucester Land Registry) Not all land in England is registered, however.

Where can I get help with planning if I cannot afford to pay a planning consultant?

You can contact Planning Aid, a non-profit organisation run by the Royal Town Planning Institute.
Useful forms and links can be found on the right hand side of this page.

What is a Heritage Statement or Statement of Significance

A heritage statement should now include or be renamed as a Statement of Significance as per requirement in PPS5. In March 2010 the Government introduced a new national planning policy statement - PPS5 – Planning for the Historic Environment - which replaces the previous PPG15 (Planning and the Historic Environment, 1994) & PPG16 (Archaeology and Planning, 1990). Under policy HE6 (Information requirements for applications for consent affecting heritage assets) of PPS5, Local Planning Authorities require an applicant to provide a description of the significance of the heritage assets affected, the contribution of their setting to that significance and the impact the proposals will have on this significance.

The policy also directs Local Planning Authorities not to validate applications where the extent of the impact of the proposed works on the significance of the heritage asset cannot be adequately understood from the submitted application, and its supporting documentation.


Planning Policy Statement 5 - Planning for the Historic Environment (PPS5) sets out the Government's planning policies on the conservation of the historic environment.

The page above includes the links to the main report and the Practice Guide that supports it

STATEMENT OF SIGNIFICANCE & IMPACT for Designated Heritage Assets