Also in this section
- Building Regulations
- Building Control Handy Guides
- Building Control Mission Statement
- Building Excellence Awards
- Choosing a builder
- Client Testimonials
- Dangerous Structures
- Do I need Building Regulations Approval?
- How do I make a Building Regulations Application?
- New Homes Warranty
- The Approved Documents
- What if work has already been carried out?
- When will my Project be Inspected?
Building Excellence Awards 2013
Finalists in Stratford-on-Avon District Council's Building Excellence Awards were invited to an award ceremony on Friday 8 March 2013 at the District Council offices in Stratford-upon-Avon.
Builders, architects and owners of developments were drawn from a field of more than 2,000 completed projecs in the District, with an independent judging panel* choosing the finalists for each category.
The categories included the following:
- Barn Conversions
- Small Domestic Extensions
- Large Domestic Extensions
- Major Domestic Work
- Loft Conversions
- New Build Single Dwelling
- New Build Multiple Dwellings
- Public Buildings
- Commercial Buildings (Small Works)
- Commercial Buildings (Major Works)
The awards celebrate building excellence across the full range of building sectors, with all of the project finalists nominated by Stratford-on-Avon District Council's Building Control team. The awards not only highlight excellence in build quality and workmanship, but also recognise team working, sustainable design and technical innovation.
The awards differ from others in the industry by acknowledging the often unseen contribution that Building Control makes towards the built environment. By working closely with the local building sector, local authority building control services ensure projects comply with building regulations, resulting in safe, sustainable and accessible buildings across our region.
Cllr Lynda Organ, Technical Services Portfolio says: “These awards send a clear signal that excellence is recognised and the quality of workmanship should be commended. I congratulate all those companies large and small for their success and hope this will encourage others to aspire to match them. At a time when the construction industry is struggling to keep on its feet we are proud that we can hold this ceremony and celebrate such prestigious Awards with a collection of the best of building in the District."
*The judges were Gareth Barnbrook, Business Development Director of the LABC; Terry Lee, Partner with Weedons Architects and Robert Weeks, Head of Planning and Environment at Stratford District Council.
Presenting the Awards were Peter Baker President of the LABC.
The winners and highly commended projects are as follows:-
- Small Domestic Extensions - Oxhill House, Oxhill
- Large Domestic Extensions - Orchard End Avon Dassett
- Major Domestic Work - Rooftops Moreton Paddox
- Loft Conversions - The Almonds Duck Lane Welford-on-Avon
- Barn Conversions - Forshaw Park Farm Poolhead Lane Earlswood
- New Build Single Dwelling - Land End Cottage, Ascott
- New Build Multiple Dwellings - Walton Close, Wattons Lane, Southam
- Public Buildings - St. Benedicts School, Alcester
- Commercial Buildings (Small Works) - 98 High Street, Henley-in-Arden
- Commercial Buildings (Major Works) - Premier Inn, Birmingham Road, Stratford-upon-Avon
- Innovation - Mere Barn Farm, Milcote Road, Welford-on-Avon
- Re-Generation - 84 Birmingham Road, Stratford-upon-Avon (an empty homes initiative from Stratford District Council and partners)