Also in this section
- Leisure & Culture
- Activities for the Older Adult
- Childrens Play Areas
- Clubs and Societies
- Holiday Activities
- Leisure Centres
- Local Events & Festivals
- Local Museums
- New look Stratford Leisure and Visitor Centre
- Passport to Excellence
- Rural Cinema (moving pictures)
- Sports Development
- Stratford-upon-Avon Markets
Rural Cinema (moving pictures)
The District Council's Rural Cinema scheme, 'Moving Pictures' aims to provide a high quality cinematic experience to people living in areas of rural isolation, and to help increase the use, value and sustainability of community venues throughout the district.
There are approximately 30 villages across the district participating in the Rural Cinema scheme and since its inception in November 2007, over 24,000 residents have attend a screening with 900 volunteers supporting the scheme annually.
Films For April 2014
Saving Mr Banks
Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2
Films For May 2014
The Lego Movie
Previous 2014 Screenings
- March: 'Captain Phillips' & 'Frozen'
- February: 'Philomena' & 'The Croods'
- January: 'About Time' & 'Despicable Me'
Previous 2013 Screenings
- December: 'Hyde Park On Hudson' & 'Epic'
- November: 'Silver Linings Playbook' & 'Tangled'
- October: 'Lincoln' & 'Monsters University'
- September: 'Song For Marion' & 'A Turtle's Tale: Sammy's Great Escape'
- August: 'Argo' & 'Jack The Giant Slayer'
- July: 'The Great Gatsby' (2013) & 'OZ The Great & Powerful'
- June: 'Life of Pi' & 'Wreck-it Ralph'
- May: 'Les Miserables' (2012) & 'The Rise Of The Guardians'
- April: 'Great Expectations' (2012) & 'Hotel Transylvania'
- March: 'Skyfall' & 'Brave'
- February: 'Anna Karenina' (2012) & 'Madagascar: Europe's Most Wanted'
- January: 'The Angels' Share' & 'Ice Age 4: Continental Drift'
Previous 2012 Screenings
- December: 'Anonymous' & 'Arthur Christmas'
- November: 'Peter Pan' & 'Dark Shadows'
- October: 'We Bought A Zoo' & 'The Descendants'
- September: 'Pirates! In An Adventure With Scientists!' & 'Salmon Fishing In The Yemen'
- August: 'The Help'
- July: 'A Monster In Paris' & 'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel'
- June: 'The Adventures Of Tintin : The Secret Unicorn' & 'The Artist'
- May: 'Hugo' & 'The Iron Lady'
- April: 'Puss In Boots' (2011) & 'War Horse'
- March: 'Johnny English Reborn' & 'Contagion'
- February: 'The Smurfs' & 'Tinker Tailor, Soldier, Spy'
- January: 'Mr Popper's Penguins' & 'Bridesmaids'
Previous 2011 Screenings
- December: 'Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2' & 'Jane Eyre'
- November: 'Cars 2' & 'Breakfast At Tiffany's'
- October: 'Kung Fu Panda 2' & 'Oranges & Sunshine'
- September: 'Pirates Of The Caribbean - On Stranger Tides' & 'Source Code'
- August: 'Rango' & 'Red Riding Hood'
- July: 'Gnomeo & Juliet' & 'True Grit'
- June: 'Megamind' & 'The American'
- May: 'The Kings Speech', 'The Chronicles of Narnia : Voyage of the Dawn Treader' & 'The Tourist'
- April: 'The Kings Speech', 'RED' & 'Harry Potter - Deathly Hallows part 1'
- March: 'Despicable Me, Invictus' & 'The Ghost'
- February: 'Legend of the Guardians : The Owls of Ga'Hoole' & 'Made In Dagenham'
- January: 'Shrek Forever After' & 'Inception'
Previous 2010 Screenings:
- December: 'Nativity' & 'The Blind Side'
- November: 'Sorcerer's Apprentice' & 'Letters to Juliette'
- October: 'Toy Story 3' & 'Robin Hood'
- September: 'Prince Of Persia' & 'Nanny McPhee and The Big Bang'
- August: 'Clash Of The Titans'
- June: 'Alice in Wonderland' (Tim Burton) 2010
- May: 'Nowhere Boy' & 'Avatar'
- April: 'Fantastic Mr Fox' & 'An Education'
- March: 'Sherlock Holmes'
- February: 'Creation' & 'Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs'
- January: 'Up' & 'Public Enemies'
For further information on participating venues or to enquire about screening films in your village please ring the project co-ordinator on 01789 260609/260803