Also in this section
- Leisure & Culture
- Activities for Adults
- Cycling for the family
- Get Active: Drop-in activity sessions
- Walk Leader Volunteers
- Walking for Health
- Childrens Play Areas
- Clubs and Societies
- Holiday Activities
- Leisure Centres
- Local Events & Festivals
- Local Museums
- New look Stratford Leisure and Visitor Centre
- Passport to Excellence
- Rural Cinema (moving pictures)
- Sports Development
- Stratford-upon-Avon Markets
Activities for Adults
Get active with Stratford-on-Avon District Council!
Regular exercise keeps your heart healthy and reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke, and risks associated with obesity. It also improves muscle tone and the appearance of your skin. Exercise releases the chemicals endorphins and serotonin, which improve your mood and make you more able to cope with pain.
It's well known that regular physical activity may contribute to reducing your risk of coronary heart disease, strokes, some cancers, obesity, diabetes, osteoporosis, dementia and other mental health problems. We will help you by getting you on the right track and motivating you to keep up the good work.
Just 30 minutes of moderate physical activity a day, five times per week is enough to get fitter, healthier and happier.
There are a range of activities across the district which include:
- Subsidised sports and activity sessions held at a selection of local leisure centres;
- Free outdoor gym equipment located in Stratford, Shipston and Bidford;
- Free guided Walk & Talk health walks in towns throughout the district;
For full details or further information please contact the Leisure team on (01789) 260115 or email email@example.com
Please visit the Everyone Active website for further information on the subsidised sports and activity sessions at Stratford or Shipston Leisure Centres.