Our website has changed!

Please upgrade your account to take advantage of our new features.

It only takes a moment and you only have to do this once!

Upgrade Now No thanks, remind me next time

You have an unverified account!

Verify your existing account with us by clicking the link we sent
you in the confirmation email.

Don't worry if you lost the email. We can send you another one.

Resend verification email
No thanks, I can find my email

Please login

Sorry your details are incorrect.
Please try again.

forgot your password?
Not already registered?

Create new account
Stratford-on-Avon District Council
Welcome! Sign in or register

Parking System Maintenance

Our parking system is currently undergoing essential maintenance to improve the service we provide. As a result, the following services are currently unavailable via that system:

  • Payments
  • Appeals

We are working to ensure full availability is restored as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience in this matter and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

For urgent enquiries, please call our office on 01789 267575.

Complaints about Stratford-on-Avon District Council

This page explains how to make a complaint, and tells you how we will respond.

What will be treated as a complaint?

When we receive a complaint, we aim to put it right. For instance, we will arrange to collect unemptied bins within 24 hours. More complicated issues or those where you believe services have been seriously flawed in delivery/non-delivery will be investigated as complaints.

The authority defines a complaint as:

"An allegation that through action or inaction the Council, or any of its staff, failed to deliver a service in accord with the Council's policy or agreed standards of service."

Dealing with a complaint is not in itself an appeal against a decision made by the Council or its duties. For instance, criticism of a planning decision or an appeal against a parking fine would not be treated as a complaint, unless in dealing with the original work the proper procedure was not followed.

How long does it take to get an answer?

We will normally write to you within 5 working days of receiving your complaint, in order to let you know how it will be dealt with. In most cases we will then write to you within another 10 working days to answer your complaint.

Whilst the Council has explicit target timetables for dealing with complaints, it is acknowledged that given the complexities of some complaints, a resolution may not be possible within these times. If this is the case you will be kept informed of progress and the anticipated timetable for resolving the complaint at the earliest possible stage.

What happens after you've made a complaint?

When we tell you how your complaint will be dealt with, you will be informed who is investigating the complaint. You will also be given a unique number which should be quoted if you need to contact us again about this matter.

All relevant facts will be gathered and the appropriate Manager will review the information and determine the outcome of the complaint. He/She will then write to inform you of this outcome, which will be one of 3 judgements:

  • Justified and corrective action required complaint upheld and action is to be taken to correct it
  • Justified; No corrective action required complaint upheld but no further action to be taken
  • Unjustified complaint rejected.

What happens if you're not satisfied with the result?

If you are not satisfied with the Manager's conclusion you may ask the Council to reconsider it. This will only be done if the matter has already been investigated by the department involved, unless one of the Executive Directors or Heads of Service determines the allegations are sufficiently serious to warrant immediate treatment at a corporate level. The review will be carried out by the respective Executive Director or Head of Service and they will normally write to you within 5 working days.

You can submit your complaint by using our online form or you can write a letter of complaint to the department providing the service at:

Elizabeth House
Church Street
CV37 6HX

If you still believe you have suffered injustice as a result of maladministration which has not been resolved you are entitled to refer the matter to the Local Government Ombudsman.

For information about the Local Government Ombudsman please click on the link below:-

Local Government Ombudsman Page