Our website has changed!

Please upgrade your account to take advantage of our new features.

It only takes a moment and you only have to do this once!

Upgrade Now No thanks, remind me next time

You have an unverified account!

Verify your existing account with us by clicking the link we sent
you in the confirmation email.

Don't worry if you lost the email. We can send you another one.

Resend verification email
No thanks, I can find my email

Please login

Sorry your details are incorrect.
Please try again.

forgot your password?
Not already registered?

Create new account
Stratford-on-Avon District Council
Welcome! Sign in or register

Parking System Maintenance

Our parking system is currently undergoing essential maintenance to improve the service we provide. As a result, the following services are currently unavailable via that system:

  • Payments
  • Appeals

We are working to ensure full availability is restored as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience in this matter and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

For urgent enquiries, please call our office on 01789 267575.

Garden and Food Waste Collection

You are able to put the following materials in your green garden & food waste wheeled bin:

Green Wheelie Bin

Garden Waste

  • Grass / hedge cuttings
  • Prunings
  • Weeds
  • Small branches (less than 75mm / 3 inches in diameter)
  • Christmas trees (cut up to fit in bin)
  • Flowers

Food Waste

  • ALL food waste (including peelings and left overs)

Food waste can be put in the bin loose or in compostable bags (conforming to EN13432 standard).

Suitable compostable bags can normally be purchased by the large supermarket chains and may also be available from other convenience and hardware stores. A list of some local suppliers is available on Warwickshire County Council's kitchen waste website.

Please do not use paper, plastic bags or biodegradable bags as they contaminate the material.

Kitchen Caddy - We have a supply of kitchen caddies that are available for collection, free of charge (one per household). Please contact us if you would like to receive one.

I don't receive a wheeled bin service, what can I use?

If you do not receive a wheeled bin service, you can:

  • Use green garden sacks for garden waste, and/or
  • Request a kitchen caddy for food waste from the Council free of charge

What happens to my garden and food waste?

Garden and food waste that is collected from households in the district is taken to an In-vessel Composter (IVC) treatment site at Ufton near Southam.

IVCs treat the material and ensure that composting takes place in an enclosed environment, with accurate temperature control and monitoring. The material can be turned in to compost to be used as a soil conditioner in as little as 2 weeks. In comparison, this takes around three months using traditional outdoor composting.

Excess Garden waste

If you have excess garden waste and only have one green wheeled bin, you can place up to 3 green sacks of garden waste next to your bin for collection. Alternatively, you can take it to one of Warwickshire County Council's Household Waste Recycling Centres.

Home composting

You may also wish to consider composting at home. Discounted compost bins are available from Warwickshire County Council.

Collection calendar

View our bin collection calendar for your collection dates.

Do It Online

Reporting a problem, concern or issue

Report a missed collection

Contact us

If you would like more information or wish to speak to a member of the Council's Streetscene team, please contact us:

Telephone: 01789 260616

Fax on 01789 260607, or

Email streetscene@stratford-dc.gov.uk