Also in this section
Act on Energy
Act on Energy is a 'not for profit' organisation and a registered environmental charity. Our purpose is to promote energy conservation by providing free and impartial advice to householders and small businesses in Warwickshire, Worcestershire and Coventry.
Act on Energy (previously WEEAC) was created in 1998 by Stratford-on-Avon District Council to assist them in meeting their obligations under the Home Energy Conservation Act 1995. The Centre became independent of the Council in April 1999 and is based in the Warwickshire village of Wellesbourne. We continue to work with central and local government and social landlords to achieve their energy efficiency, sustainable energy and affordable warmth objectives.
Act on Energy provides a range of free energy advice and information services to the general public in Warwickshire, Worcestershire and Coventry to help you make your home use less energy, have lower fuel bills, be more comfortable and have less of an adverse impact on the environment, including:-
- telephone advice and information on your best options for saving energy. To speak to a trained energy adviser call freephone 0800 988 2881. Our office is manned from 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday excluding public holidays. If you want us to call you back, you can leave a message on our answering machine.
- information on national and local grants and discount schemes for improving your home to make it more energy efficient. We can also supply contact details for local contractors that will help you.
- visit your home in certain circumstances to give you on the spot advice.
- attend local exhibitions and events to promote energy efficiency
- provide speakers for local community groups on energy efficiency and climate change
- develop school projects that involve the whole community
- provide newspaper articles and opinion on energy related issues
- support other organisations in delivering energy saving schemes including providing energy efficiency training
- develop and carry out local schemes for rural communities and local businesses
The Centre already works with many local organisations and community groups on a range of initiatives. If you have something specific in mind or would like to take advantage of what's available, contact us.
For more information, please visit the Act on Energy website.