Also in this section
- Guidance to Applicants for Premises Licences (123KB PDF)
- Consent of Individual to being Specified as Premises Supervisor (29KB PDF)
- Operating Schedule Guidelines (266KB PDF)
- Licensing Fee Structure (63KB PDF)
- Application for a Premises Licence (406KB PDF)
- Specimen Public Notice (109KB PDF)
- Responsible Authorities List (Licensing Act 2003) (37KB PDF)
- Help with PDFs
To provide late-night refreshments and regulated entertainment, and sell alcohol, you need a licence from the local authority if you are in England and Wales.
Any of the following may apply for a premises licence:
anyone who uses carries on a business in the premises to which the application relates
- recognised club
- health service body
- person who is registered under the Care Standards Act 2000 in relation to an independent hospital
- chief police officer of a force in England and Wales
- anyone discharging a statutory or function under Her Majesty's prerogative
- person from an educational institute
- any other permitted person
Applicants must not be under 18 years of age.
Apply by post
Premises Licence application form
Designated Premises Supervisor Consent - DPS to complete Part A
Apply for a Designated Premises Supervisor to be disapplied
Tell us about a minor change to your premises
Apply to transfer your premises licence
Notify us of an interest in premises under section 178
Tell us about a change to your existing interim authority notice
Tell us about a change to your existing consent to transfer
Notify us of your request to be removed as designated premises supervisor
Tell us about a change to your existing consent to be designated
Tell us about a change to your existing application to vary a premises licence to specify an individual as designated premises supervisor
Other Required Information
If applying for any of the above, the applicant must advertise the application, at the premises and in a local newspaper. Please see the Specimen Notice for guidance.
The application must be distributed by the applicant to each of the Responsible Authorities listed.
Guidance for completing the Operating Schedule (at part P on Premises Licence application, part O on Club Premises Certificate application).
The relevant fee must accompany the application, which is based on the rateable value of the property - Licensing Fee Structure
Click here for further Licensing Act 2003 application forms.