Our website has changed!

Please upgrade your account to take advantage of our new features.

It only takes a moment and you only have to do this once!

Upgrade Now No thanks, remind me next time

You have an unverified account!

Verify your existing account with us by clicking the link we sent
you in the confirmation email.

Don't worry if you lost the email. We can send you another one.

Resend verification email
No thanks, I can find my email

Please login

Sorry your details are incorrect.
Please try again.

forgot your password?
Not already registered?

Create new account
Stratford-on-Avon District Council
Welcome! Sign in or register

Premises Licence

To provide late-night refreshments and regulated entertainment, and sell alcohol, you need a licence from the local authority if you are in England and Wales.

Eligibility Criteria

Any of the following may apply for a premises licence:

anyone who uses carries on a business in the premises to which the application relates

  • recognised club
  • charity
  • health service body
  • person who is registered under the Care Standards Act 2000 in relation to an independent hospital
  • chief police officer of a force in England and Wales
  • anyone discharging a statutory or function under Her Majesty's prerogative
  • person from an educational institute
  • any other permitted person

Applicants must not be under 18 years of age.

Regulation Summary

Summary of the regulation relating to this licence

Apply by post

Premises Licence guidance booklet

Premises Licence application form

Designated Premises Supervisor Consent - DPS to complete Part A

Apply online

Apply for a new Premises Licence

Apply to transfer your Premises Licence

Apply to vary a designated premises supervisor

Notify us of an interest in premises under S.178

Submit a consent to transfer

Submit a consent to be DPS

Notify us of your request to be removed as DPS

Tell us about a minor change to your premises

Apply to vary your Premises Licence

Change your existing interim authority notice

Apply for a provisional statement

Apply for a DPS to be disapplied

Notify us of a change of name or address

Extend or renew your annual fee payment

Other Required Information

If applying for any of the above, the applicant must advertise the application, at the premises and in a local newspaper. Please see the Specimen Notice for guidance.

The application must be distributed by the applicant to each of the Responsible Authorities listed.

Guidance for completing the Operating Schedule (at part P on Premises Licence application, part O on Club Premises Certificate application).

The relevant fee must accompany the application, which is based on the rateable value of the property - Licensing Fee Structure

Click here for further Licensing Act 2003 application forms.