Our website has changed!

Please upgrade your account to take advantage of our new features.

It only takes a moment and you only have to do this once!

Upgrade Now No thanks, remind me next time

You have an unverified account!

Verify your existing account with us by clicking the link we sent
you in the confirmation email.

Don't worry if you lost the email. We can send you another one.

Resend verification email
No thanks, I can find my email

Please login

Sorry your details are incorrect.
Please try again.

forgot your password?
Not already registered?

Create new account
Stratford-on-Avon District Council
Welcome! Sign in or register

Parking System Maintenance

Our parking system is currently undergoing essential maintenance to improve the service we provide. As a result, the following services are currently unavailable via that system:

  • Payments
  • Appeals

We are working to ensure full availability is restored as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience in this matter and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

For urgent enquiries, please call our office on 01789 267575.

Local Council Tax Reduction

The following Council Tax Benefit changes commenced April 2013.

To qualify for Local Council Tax Reduction, you must:

  • Be on a low income.
  • Be the person responsible for paying the Council Tax.

You will not normally qualify for benefit if you have savings or investments of more than £16,000.

Use the Directgov benefits adviser tool to see what help you can get.


If you are not sure if you qualify, make a claim. You can get an application form from our headquarters or you can download the form now. Alternatively you can request a form by calling our contact centre on 01789 260991.

What happens next?

Once you have made a claim, we will calculate how much reduction is due by looking at:

  • How much money you have coming in.
  • Any savings you may have.
  • Your personal circumstances.
  • The amount of Council Tax you have to pay.

Reporting Changed in Your Circumstances

Plese remember that you must advise the Council of any changes that affects the amount of support that you receive.

You can write in to the Council to confirm the change or completed the Benefit change in circumstance form.

Other questions you might have

How much Council Tax will I pay?

If you have applied for and are entitled to Local Council Tax Reduction from the beginning of April, the amount of reduction will be shown on your Council Tax bill and this is the total award for the whole year. This may change if your circumstances change during the year. The reduction can only be backdated for special reasons.

Second Adult Rebate

Second Adult Rebate is a different kind of financial assistance for single people who have to pay Council Tax because they are not eligible for the Single Persons Discount as they have other adults on a low income living in the household.

You can apply for Second Adult Rebate by completing specific sections of a Housing and Council Tax benefit application form.

It can be claimed by anyone who does not have a partner, but only if they do not qualify for the Council Tax Single Persons Discount because they share their home with another person, who is aged 18 or older, is on a low income, and does not pay them rent.


If you suspect anyone of fraud please call 01789 260486 or email fraud@stratford-dc.gov.uk.

Responsibility for the investigation of Housing Benefit has been transferred to the Department for Works and Pensions.

For further information about how the council deals with fraud please see our fraud statement.

For further information about Local Council Tax Reduction please contact the Revenues Division on 01789 260991 or by email at benefits.sdc@stratford-dc.gov.uk or by fax on 01789 260969.

LCTR Exceptional Harship

In instances where you are experiencing exceptional financial hardship with paying your Council Tax you can apply for LCTR Exceptional Hardship. Please note that this is a very limited budget so the Council may not always be able to make an award, and if an award is made it is unlikely that the award will meet all of the shortfall in your liability so you will still have to make a payment towards your Council Tax.

You can apply online using the link LCTR Exceptional Hardship online or alternatively you can print off a paper application using the link LCTR Exceptional Hardship paper.